We provide this service free of charge at the point of referral. We believe it is very important to have the most up to date information and address records at the outset. Our data cleaning service can also provide missing landline and/or mobile numbers where available.
Insight and Insight Plus can provide an overview into your debtor’s financial position which can be an invaluable tool to help you decide how to proceed with the matter.
The report provides the following details if available;
- CCJ’s number of and whether they are paid or unpaid
- Insolvency Information such as IVAs /Bankruptcy
- Employment check indicator & salary information
- Total number of credit applications
- Land registry information.
The Insight Plus service offers all of the above details and also a residency checker which double checks the probability of your customer being at the given address.
As CSA members we work to their trace code of conduct which sets out the best practice standards. We undertake tracing internally and externally using a third party supplier which is also required to follow this code of conduct.
If we receive notification that your customer has moved we can trace their whereabouts. There are two main types of trace – initial and secondary.
This is used to establish your customer’s employment status; a positive verification will be if the agents confirm if the customer is unemployed, retired, or in employment and if so they will provide the employers details. This is especially important if you are considering court action as we may be able to pursue an Attachment of Earnings order if your customer is in full time employment.
If your debtor has gone overseas we are still able to help. We utilise the services of an agent to carry out overseas searches to locate your customers.
We are pleased to offer two new in-depth Asset Trace Reports: Full Asset Trace and Mini Asset Trace.
They are particularly helpful for high debt value cases and for cases where it has been difficult to establish a sole trader’s whereabouts. The reports can be obtained at any point in the debt recovery cycle. The reports show whether taking court action is appropriate and cost effective and will help us to make recommendations to you on how to proceed. They can also be used at the post judgment stage to help determine which enforcement method is appropriate to use.
The Full Asset Trace Report contains details of the scope of work, executive summary, identity research, trace research, family connections, known associates, associated addresses, insolvency details, legal proceedings, target company/business research, active directorships, dissolved directorships, overseas directorships, non-limited company research, shareholdings, land registry searches, hidden asset research, property visits , property reports, condition, valuation etc. including photographs, asset register, condition, valuation etc. including photographs, credit referencing, press, media, internet and social media research, conclusion and recommendations.
The Mini Asset Trace Report contains details of identity research, trace research, insolvency details, target company/business research, property visit, property report, condition, valuation etc. including photographs and visible asset profile.
• The reports can be used for all types of debtors including consumers, sole traders and limited companies.
• The reports are bespoke and then manually assessed and processed, pulling data from a variety of sources depending on the circumstances of the case.
• The reports also research “off target”, which means research not just against the subject name but variants/aliases/address etc.
• In some circumstances photographic evidence is also collated such as home addresses, business premises as well as the debtor too.
• The biggest benefit is the ‘boots on the ground’ service, which you don’t get with a desktop only report.
• The reports can save client money on court action if it is apparent the debtor has no assets.